Quotes are little doses of inspiration to keep us going. Think of them like shots that wake us back up whenever we feel down. They are a great way to learn important lessons from people who have had valuable and extensive life experiences. Below are 20 specifically curated quotes to help you wake back up and take control of your life.
Feeling down, discouraged, unfulfilled, overwhelmed, or scared? Read these quotes below and they will remind you of your strengths, fill you with courage, and put you back on the path of living a full life and working on your goals and dreams.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
- “Doing nothing gets you nothing.” – Sean Reichle
- “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
- “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
- “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.” – Unknown
- “Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.” – Mary Oliver
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
- “If you really want to do something you’ll find a way, if you don’t you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
- 20. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Only when we let go of fear do we allow ourselves to live life to the fullest.” – Maria Koszler
- “There’s power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice.” – Michelle Obama
- “Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.”– Aldous Huxley
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Don’t worry what others are doing. Do you!” – Russell Simmons
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” – Doctor Who
- “The greatest lesson of life is that you are responsible for your life.” – Oprah Winfrey
View this post on Instagram
Which of these quotes speak the most to you or your situation? Which one inspired you the most? You got this!